Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ooooh, Pretty Pearl Brads...

I've been looking around for a while now for some pretty pearl brads to use on different projects, but I haven't found quite what I was looking for. Then, my friend, Catherine showed up tonight with a RAK for me. Aren't they gorgeous! I love them! Thanks so much, Catherine! You're such a sweetheart! :)

So, my card tonight is one that was designed completely around the gorgeous brad in the centre! I don't think I've ever designed a card around an embellishment before, so this is a first. My Hubby, Jim is laughing at me at how excited I am over a crazy embellishment! Yeah, I've probably lost it, but I'm ok with that! lol :)

Well, I think it's time to call it a day. Here's hoping that we wake up to calm surroundings with Hurricane Kyle passing through. I think we're gonna miss the majority of the storm in our area, just a little wind and rain, but hey we're used to that! We'll see. Tomorrow marks the 5 year anniversary to the day that Hurricane Juan hit and pretty much devastated the area. So many people were without power for days and some even for weeks, not a great time. We lost many trees and beautiful parks. Let's hope this one is nothing like that one. I hope everyone out there stays safe.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:

Stamps: Doodle This (SU), 'Happy Birthday' - All Kinds of Happy Collection (Imaginisce)
Cardstock: Pale Plum (SU), Cream (Staples), Vellum Cardstock (SU)
Ink: VersaMark, White Gel Pen (Signo - SU)

Embellishments: Pearl Brad (K & Company), Sheer White Ribbon (Michaels)

Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic and Scallop Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Decorative Corner Punch (Creative Memories), White Opaque Embossing Powder (Stampendous), Heat Tool

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

Very pretty, Julie! I have some brads that are similar to those that my Mom bought at Michaels. I think they are a bit bigger though. Have fun with them! And I am crossing my fingers for ya that the storm is just minor. :0)