Sunday, July 29, 2007

Baroque Motifs Flowers


I can't express how much I love this SU set! Oh, so pretty...I'll try not to overdo it and make too many cards with this set all at once...but I can't promise anything! lol :)

I decided to use a green tonight that I don't normally use. I started out with white cardstock, layered it with black, then a piece of pink Bazzill cardstock (a colour very close to SU Pink Passion), a layer of SU Green Galore, then another layer of white. On the top white layer, I randomly stamped the large Baroque Motifs vines using SU Green Galore ink. Then, I stamped the small flowers in SU Pink Passion ink around the vines swirls. For the 3 large flowers, I used Pink Passion and Black ink, cut them out by hand and adhered them to the card with 1/8" dimensional squares.

The 'kind' tab was done using the SU Round Tab punch. I also used the SU Horizontal Slot punch to make the slots in the sides to feed the ribbon through. I stamped the word 'kind' in Pink Passion ink and used the same colour to brush the edges with a sea sponge. The pink ribbon that I used is from Michaels. I also added a 1/8" dimensional square to the back of the tab to raise it out.

Well, that's another record...only 10:20 PM and I'm done my post...could I be getting better at this? lol :) Not being up 'til the wee hours of the morning making cards. Well, I guess I kinda cheated, cause I started this card last night, but I got into a movie and didn't finish my card. So, I finished it tonight. Still a record for me, though! I imagine the card for tomorrow night will be another one from the Baroque Motifs set...cause it's such a gorgeous set, I must play with it! lol :)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Julie - I love the "happy" colors!! The Baroque Motifs set you used is awesome; I've seen so many wonderful things amd ewith it. It may need to go on my wish list (but then again, what isn't on there) LOL!

Ila said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the way you've used this set....lovely!

mum-on-the-run said...

Beustiful card!! I love this SU set anyway but the colours you've used are fantastic!!