Saturday, July 21, 2007

What a day...

Well, I had quite a day yesterday. I thought I was getting my daughter's stomach flu, but I think after the terrible day that I had, it was actually dehydration caused by too much sodium in my diet while we were on vacation. I'm not used to eating sodium anymore since I started with LA Weight Loss and I think it really messed up my system. I fell asleep last night and went to get up and felt very dizzy, attempted to make my way upstairs to go to bed, I crawled up the stairs with Jim behind me so I wouldn't fall down the stairs and when I got to the top I stood up and made it half way across my kitchen and I passed out. Jim got me up and got me off to bed and I left a big pool of sweat on the floor, my temp had spiked. Not good. He got me cooled down with a wet facecloth and I slept until noon! I got up and got showered and went over to LA for my weigh-in and I had lost 5.2 lbs in two days! Yikes. Note to Self...no more sodium for this girl!
Anyway, I'm feeling a lot better today, quite exhausted, but I'm back to eating more and I'm whacking the water to myself, so hopefully I'm on the mend now.

Here are a few pics from our vacation. This first one is my favourite. Jim went canoeing with his brother and he took this pic of an eagle high up in a tree, I zoomed in to see the beautiful bird. Isn't he gorgeous? This was taken right on the Miramichi River, a truly beautiful river, known for it's wonderful Salmon and gorgeous scenery. That's one of the highlights of going up to visit Jim's family...I just wish there weren't any blackflies up there, it really makes being outside miserable unless the breeze is blowing nicely and then you get a break form them for a bit.
Here's one of Tallie sitting in the Miramichi River, just outside Grammie and Grampie Mutch's place. They were having a lot of fun slashing around and skipping rocks until Alex got a big leach on her hand. lol I know it wasn't funny, but she was screaming like her hand had just been severed and I couldn't help but laugh. Weird, Jim said of all the years he swam in the river, he had never got a leach on him...one must have got sidetracked and into the fresher water, I guess. Poor Alex, she could be traumatized for life! Just kidding! lol :)
Alexandria and Natalia are picking blueberries here with Grampie Mutch on the blueberry plains close by to where they live.
Here's Alex showing off her blueberry pickins. She was so proud of them and my goodness they're yummy!
The girls are here having some good ol' jumpin' fun with their cousins. Alex is laying down here bouncing on her back as everyone else bounces. I think she enjoys that as much as bouncing herself. I don't think I'll ever hear the end of how much fun the trampoline was. I'm not big on the large trampolines for little kids but I think I could be persuaded to get one of these Dora the Explorer trampolines...if they weren't so expensive. I can remember back when I was a kid, during my gymnastics days I saw many a broken arm or leg with others bouncing out of control and off the side. I know it's a lot of fun, just not the breaks that result from the fun sometimes...

How cute is this? I caught the girls sleeping the night before we left here all cuddled up to each other. Tallie is half turned around laying with her head on her sister. Too cute! :) They sleep on an air mattress while we're up there and I put blankets on the side so that Tallie doesn't roll over onto the electric heater. They love their little 'slumber party bed' as they call it.

Here's a pic of my hubby, Jim. He has a smile that always makes me so happy. :)

That's all for now, thanks for stopping by! :)

3 comments:

maiahs_momma said...

Love those trip pictures :)! Sorry to hear that you were not feeling so wonderful the other day, hope you are feeling better quickly. Lol, liked the picture of Jim clutching the pillow with a big smile on his face... there must be a story there :p!

Julie Mutch said...

Not much of a a story...Jim was actually holding the pillow over his face first cause he doesn't like having his picture taken. Then, he took the pillow away and was laughing, hence his big smile. We were just kidding around. :) I thought it was a good pic of him, though. He normally looks so serious in pics, guess I could have cropped out the pillow, but I didn't bother. lol :)

Hallelujah! The sun has come out, we're heading out to enjoy the break from the rain and fog!! Have a great day, everyone! Hope you're enjoying a bright, sunny day where you are! :)

Hugs,
Julie

Ila said...

Sounds and looks like you and your family had a wonderful holiday...Love those pics.
Hope your feeling better!