Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Delight in Life Flowers


Woo Hoo! I finally got back into my stamp room tonight for some much need stamp therapy. I wanted a card with happy colours and I'm happy with the ones I chose. :)
Tonight, I thought I'd break out my Delight in Life set that hasn't got much use yet. I stamped the flowers in Night of Navy and the 'Delight in Life' and swirls were each stamped in Tempting Turquoise. I added a silver brad to the flowers and attached them each with a 1/8" dimensional square.
For the circle cut outs, I used my Creative Memories cutting system using the medium round template with the red and green blades.
I used Bazzill cardstock for the turquoise, lime green and navy. The cs for the flowers is from Michaels.
I pierced a line at the bottom of the turquoise cs and added a strip of coordinating rick rack (spelling) ribbon over the lime green cs to finish it off.

I'm feeling back to normal now, woo hoo! Guess I got all the sodium out of my system. The girls and I enjoyed a gorgeous day here today. Got to visit a couple of friends and swim with one of them at her house. Well, the kids got to splash around while us mommies chatted and watched. It's great to finally have the sun shining and to get some nice hot weather. It got up to +32 today. :) Too bad Jim's vacation is all over and I think he might have had 3 ok days in 3 weeks! Gotta love Mother Nature. lol :)

Well, I'm off to bed, thanks for stopping by! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Julie - I love the colors:)

Ila said...

Such a lovely card!! Love the way you've added the flowers on here!

Tracy.H said...

Love the card, Julie! Great layout! :0)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Love the flowers and ric rak.
I just wanted to tell you that I tagged you, and if you want to play along check out my blog
Kim