Thursday, July 26, 2007

Doodle This and Scallops

It must be a record for me...a card finished, pic taken of it, watermark added and it's only 11:10 PM! Normally, I finish well after midnight into the wee hours of the morning...that refreshing dip in the pool today must have recharged my head! lol :) It was about +34 C today, still +26 C and very humid, but at least we have a nice breeze out right now. That's the nice thing about living close to the ocean. Supposed to be hot for the next few days, lots more swimming for us, I guess...well, sitting in my little pool anyway!

I decided to play with my SU Doodle This set tonight and use some gorgeous designer paper by Basic Grey. It's from their Pashmina collection, called Urban Couture. I love the light shade of green with the delicate flowers in chocolate and white. I stamped my large Doodle This flower using SU Night of Navy ink on to the patterned paper, using two different sections of the paper with two different patterns and then cut them each out. The doodling stamp was also stamped in Night of Navy.

For cardstock, I used turquoise for the base (from Michaels), navy blue and lime green Bazzill cs for the layers and white. I distressed the lime green with my scissors.

For the scallops on the bottom, I decided to play with my Creative Memories circle punches. I used the 1" circle punch for the patterned paper and the 1 1/4" circle for the white layer. I adhered them one at a time to the back of the navy blue cardstock with double sided tape, making sure to line them up evenly and I moved across the bottom.

To finish the card off I paper pierced a single line up each side and a double row along the top. A added a Dollarama pewter brad to the center of the flowers and attached them with a 1/8" dimensional square.

WooHoo! 11:33 PM and I'm done my blog post...definitely a record for me! I may actually get to bed at a decent hour tonight! lol :)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Ila said...

Gorgeous card Julie! I love the scallop border...great idea.

Unknown said...

Georgeous!