Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I'm Back!

Whew, I was starting to go through some serious blog readin' withdrawal! 5 days away from my computer!!! lol :) We left for vacation up to New Brunswick on Friday morning and just got back tonight at supper time. We had a nice vacation, got to visit family and friends and relax (that's if you can relax among all the horrid black flies, dang I hate those things! I'm so glad I don't have to deal with them on a daily basis! I'd go insane! The weather can be so nice up there, but you can't go outside unless the wind is really blowing cause the black flies will eat you alive! My poor little girls are covered in little bloody bites, especially around their hairline and neck. Just miserable. Our oldest daughter seems to be allergic to the bites as most of her bites turned into welts. Not nice at all!

Then today, our youngest developed what we thought was motion sickness on the way home, she kept vomitting for the entire 7 hour trip home, and we thought it would get better once we got home, but she's still been sick all evening, so I think it must be the stomach flu. I gave her some Gravol just in case, and she's resting well now after a hard afternoon, hopefully she'll be better in the morning.

So, I'm trying to catch up... I returned home to 178 emails in my inbox to sift through and hundreds of blog posts in Google Reader to read from my favourite blogs... that's gonna take me a bit, so bear with me if you don't hear back from me right away! I'm likely just buried under emails, phones messages to return and laundry! lol :)

I only got one card while I was away, a beautiful CCE (Canadian Card Exchange) card from Toni Whitnell. What beautiful colours that Toni has used, I love the yellow and light pink together. Very Spring-like! Isn't the flower just gorgeous? I always love the cards that Toni comes up with and this one is certainly no exception! Thanks so much for sharing your work with me, Toni! Great job! :)
I'll post some vacation pics tomorrow once I go through them all. Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a sweet card! Very soft and frilly. I love that stamp so much and I haven't bought it yet. Your card may change that!

Shannon Tompkins said...

Hope you had a great vacation - minus the vomit on the way home!