Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Alex's Gingerbread House

Oh my, yesterday was a busy day...I ran from 6 AM to midnight. We got up in the morning earlier than normal and went to Alexandria's school for a family breakfast,from there we ran to take Natalia to her pre-school. Then, off to Zellers to grab a few more stocking stuffers and to the hair salon to get my hair trimmed for the holidays. Off to Superstore for a screamin' deal on children's movies...$7.99 for Happy Feet, my kids favorite movie, which I had to replace since they scratched the heck out of their original copy...all movies are locked up from now on!!! lol :) Then, it was time to pick Alexandria back up at school, they had their Santa's Gift Mart this morning, so they were able to buy gifts for all their family members from items that all the parents donated to the school. What a fun event for the kids to partake in. I can hardly contain my excitement to see all the gifts she bought! They come home wrapped, so that will be my one surprise come Xmas morning when we get to open up those gifts. She already told us that she bought her grandfather a doll that comes with a hamburger and fries! I can hardly wait to see the look on his face when he opens it! I'm sure it'll be a puzzled look! LOL :) I'm sure there was a hidden agenda in there that she will be able to play with it when she goes to Grampie's house to visit! Oh well, he'll be tickled pink that she thought of him anyway.
Ok, so now it was time to get lunch for everyone and get Alexandria back to school. Home to clean the house and run back out to do more errands. She made the gingerbread house(above) this afternoon. Isn't it sweet! They had so much fun making them. Pick Alexandria back up at school, run some more, make supper, go back out to get more stuff that we probably didn't need in the first place, see Xmas lights, and home to put the girls to bed. Chat with people on the phone that have been trying to get in touch with me all day...lol...do dishes, tidy the rec room, laundry, post blog entries, relax watching a sappy chick flick, go to bed. Then, I proceed to call it a day at midnight and go to bed, but I can't get to sleep until well after 1 AM, cause my darn brain won't shut down cause I'm thinkin' about all the stuff I have to do today! Ya gotta love being a woman! Can I have a day off for Xmas, pretty please! I'm so tired! OK, that's my sympathy trip for today! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Sounds like quite the day, Julie!! But know...you are certainly not alone!! Do we ever really get a day off??? ;0)

Ila said...

The gingerbread house is Adorable!..your daughters a little artist.
Busy ..busy..Christmas is almost here...just about time to just take a run at it..to get done all the things done we plan on.