Monday, December 17, 2007

Window cards


I made 3 cards tonight for a few of my family members. Recently, my cousin lost his wife suddenly, so one sympathy card is for him and another for my Aunt for the loss of her Daughter-in-Law, whom she thought so much of. I only met my cousin's wife once at a family reunion, but we chatted for a long time and she was so kind and sweet. She was only in her early 50's, still so much life ahead of her. So sad. I feel so sorry for my cousin, to have lost his soul mate, especially at Xmas. My heart goes out to him. May she be at peace.

The third card is for another one of my Aunts, who just lost her husband recently, as well. He lead a full life, being in his 90's. But, I still wanted to let my Aunt know that I was thinking of her during this difficult time.

So, I took a break from doing Xmas cards for some more important cards for my family. I'm still terribly behind in my Xmas cards, but they'll get done in time.

Ok, gotta go get some rest. Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

(I'll update tomorrow with all the supplies that I used)

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

This looks great, Julie! I have always wanted to try one of these. That will be another project for the New Year. My list is already growing!!! :0)

Ila said...

These are Gorgeous!! Sympathy cards Julie...I love your colors and the windows....Such sad news during the holidays...Take care!!