Saturday, December 1, 2007

Buttons on a Card - Challenge from Tracy


I can now post the card that I made for Tracy's November Mystery Happiness Challenge. I didn't win, but it was fun taking on the challenge. Each person had a different challenge and mine was to use buttons as the main focal point of the card. She's posted all the entries on her blog, go check them out, there's a wonderful assortment of cards and everyone did a fantastic job with their challenge. Here's the link to the cards at Tracy's Happy Place.

I've never used buttons before on a card, well, once at a class, but I've never bought any, so I stopped into our local fabric store, Fabricville, and I couldn't believe how many buttons were available. I found these sweet little penguin buttons and knew I wanted to use them for a winter themed card. I simply used a pair of needle nosed pliers to snip off the button loop at the back of the penguin and then I used double sided adhesive to attach them to the card. The chipboard that I used came from a Xmas themed chipboard set from the Dollarstore. I feel another trip to there coming soon, to see what new goodies they might have in stock... lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bashful Blue (SU), Flat White (CRS)
Patterned Paper: Textured Snowflake Design (Imagine That by Jacqueline Addison from Wal-Mart)
Tools: Ticket Punch (SU), needle nosed pliers, double-sided adhesive, heat tool (to melt adhesive on crystals)
Embellishments: Penguin Buttons (Fabricville), Blue Swarovski flat back Crystals with hot-fix adhesive (Crystal Fire), Xmas Chipboard 'snowflake' and 'Believe' tag (Dollarstore), Blue Satin Ribbon (Fabricville)

3 comments:

Shannon McGann said...

This is such a cute card - those penguins are adorable! Love the soft colours too!

JenMarie said...

Super cute buttons! Penguins are just the cutest!!

Ila said...

This card is Adorable!! I love your layout and those cute penquin buttons...What a great idea!