Friday, December 7, 2007

Xmas cards in today's mail

I got two beautiful Xmas cards in the mail today, the first one was a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) from Cindy Connell. It's very pretty and I love the silver embossed verse with the trailing 'fa la la la la.' Very cute! Thanks so much for thinking of me, Cindy! It's wonderful to get happy mail when it's not expected.
The next Xmas card was done by my husband's cousin, Bethany Allison. I like the patterned paper that she used and the way she made the 'JOY' by cutting out the 'J' and 'Y' and free-handing the circular verse for the 'O' was a great idea. Very nice, Bethany! Thanks so much! :) I'm sure we'll get to share some cardmaking ideas when we come up to see everyone in New Brunswick over the holidays. Just not sure how long that trip is gonna be this year with me being back to work, now. I fear I'm not gonna have very much time off! :(

It was a definite happy mail day today. :) I can't wait to start receiving more Xmas cards, I'm finally starting to get into the Xmas spirit, I just get frustrated with the stores when all the Xmas stuff goes up the Day after Halloween or before, it's too early in my opinion and it's hard to get excited when you still have another 2 -3 months before Christmas Day! I don't mean to sound like Scrooge, honestly, I do love Christmas and look forward to getting together with my family. The best part though is to see the looks on my girls faces come Xmas morning when they're so happy. You can't put a price on that! That's what Xmas is all about, not people fighting over things at the mall and the rush everyone is always into get the perfect gift! Anyway, I guess I just needed to vent a bit! I'll stop now before I did myself any deeper! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

1 comment:

Ila said...

These are lovely Xmas cards you've recieved.
I have to agree with you on the meaning of xmas. I'm just getting in the holiday mood now...Hugs, Ila