Monday, December 10, 2007

Altered Jewelry Box

Tonight's projects are ones that I made for my daughter's teachers for Xmas gifts. I used pre-made wooden boxes and altered them with patterned paper and wood stain. One of the boxes has a glass top and the other one has a mirrored top. Sorry for the poor picture, my camera doesn't seem to like the mirrored top...I keep trying to get a better pic, but it's not working for me and now I'm giving up rather than staying up any later, seeing as how it's already past 1 AM and I have to get up early in the morning! lol :)

This is what the box looked like to begin with.

These are all the little pieces of patterned paper that I cut out for the two boxes.

Now, I had to trim the pieces to fit on the boxes.

This is the Mod Podge that I used as the glue to adhere the patterned paper and to seal the paper in. I applied it with a foam brush.

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: A La Carte - Baguette (American Crafts)
Glue/Sealer: Mod Podge
Wood Stain: Authentic Milk Paint Antique Medium (Tulip)
Tools: Foam Brush, Scissors to trim excess paper, bone folder to press paper into crevices, little dish for glue.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful, Julie!!! :0)

QuiltNut Creations said...

these are fabulous. great idea!