Wednesday, March 26, 2008

45th Anniversary


My parents will be celebrating their 45th Wedding Anniversary in a few weeks and I'm trying to come up with a nice design for a card for them. I absolutely love this patterned paper from DCWV and I wanted to use it...I'm just having trouble coming up with a layout. I didn't want to cover up all the pretty glittered paisley images and I wanted to stamp directly onto the patterned paper, but I needed a space where there wasn't any glitter so that the stamp would be clear. So, my options became more and more limited the further I got into the card! lol :)

Anyway, I love the medallion and flower from the SU set, Baroque Motifs, so I opted to use those and then leave it simple with some bling to finish it off. I think I'd re-do the flower where I added the extra gold gel pen to the edges...I don't think it needs it and just ends up looking tacky.

So, what do you think, does this look like a card for a 45th anniversary? Maybe it's too dark...I was just going for an elegant design with a bit of an aged look. Please, be truthful...I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Baroque Motifs (SU), Love themed set (Studio G)
Patterned Paper: Once Upon a Time Print - Enchanted Paisley (DCWV)

Cardstock: Eggplant (Bazzill), Flat Avocado (CRS)
Ink: Eggplant Envy (SU), Old Olive (SU)
Tools: Ticket Corner Punch (SU), Circle Custom Cutting System (Creative Memories), Scalloped Circle Punch (Marvy Uchida), Scissors, 1/8" Dimensional Squares (EK Success), Pink and Gold Hi-Jell Sparklers Gel Roller Pens (Merangue), Paper Distressor (CTMH)
Embellishments: Pink Crystal Fire Swarovski Flat Back Crystals (Pure Allure, Inc)

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

I think it's beautiful, Julie!! :0)

Corie said...

This is gorgeous!!