Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Best Friends Listen...


I had a bit of time to spare this afternoon, so I decided to get in some crafty time since I have to work tonight and won't have a chance to then. I've been wanting to use this SEI paper for a while now, just wasn't sure what I wanted to use it with. I couldn't sleep last night and got to thinkin' about card designs...this one's not very ingenious, I know...but I kinda like how it turned out. I just think it's missing something. I was gonna use my ticket corner punch for the corners of the patterned paper...but I decided to leave them as is. I still think it's missing something, though. Any suggestions?

I really wish I had some markers, especially when it comes to colouring stamps to get a two-tone effect for an image. I used my SU ink spots and it's hard to get the colour 'only' on the part you want it. Oh well, for the amount of times I do this, I guess the way I'm doing it for now will work! lol :) It just occurred to me...could I use my SU watercolour crayons to brush the colour directly onto the stamp? Or would it be too watery? I guess I could try and see how it works. Ok, that's my 20 questions for today!!! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: True Friend, (SU), Garden Whimsy (SU)
Patterned Paper: Penelope's Potpourri - Glamorous Garland (SEI)
Cardstock: Pure White Linen (CRS), Flat Black (CRS), Royal Blue (The Paper Company)
Ink: Old Olive (SU), Not Quite Navy (SU)
Tools: Oval Custom Cutting System
Embellishments: Sheer White Ribbon (Michaels)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Beautiful card Julie! I don't think it's needs a thing! You can use the watercolour crayons on your stamps! Just spritz your stamp with a mister, make sure it's not soaking wet, but little spots of water. Then you can colour directly onto your rubber. You may have to stamp one image off if it's too wet. You can also use one of the brushes like Yvonne had at Catherine's SU party, and colour directly onto the rubber...you may have to mist it though if it dries. Have fun!! Can't wait to see what you make!! lol

Tracy.H said...

I think it looks fine as it is too! You could always add some gems to the corners if you wanted 'something'...but it doesn't really need it. :0)

Corie said...

Love this -- so pretty!!