Friday, March 7, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday, Georgia!


My neighbours little girl is having her 5th birthday on Sunday and she's an Ariel (Disney Mermaid Princess) fanatic, so I thought I'd make her card to fit the theme of the birthday party. I realize it's a pretty plain card, but I couldn't seem to find any other Ariel images that I could use, and then I spotted this dp. The image is large, so I had to make an extra big card - 6" x 8" to accommodate the image layer and few extra layers to add a little bit to it. Not sure if the colours really match...lol...I was going for a reddish tone to match the colour of Ariel's hair and the green to pick up on the ocean plant life.

I'm off to stamp with the girls tonight - really looking forward to it and we're making little Easter
baskets, they should be really cute! I'll try to post them later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Sand (The Paper Company), Rust (CRS), Wild Wasabi (SU)
Patterned Paper: Mermaid Image (Creating Keepsakes from Dollarama)
Stamps: Winnefred Lane - Birthday Themed (Heidi Grace Designs for Fiskars)
Embellishments: Pink Gem Brads (Dollarama)
Tools: Ticket Punch (SU)

1 comment:

Ila said...

It's a Gorgeous card!!..just perfect for a little girl...I bet she will love it!!