Saturday, March 1, 2008

Nightingale Dove & Flourishes

I've made one more card for the colour challenge within our local group of stampin' friends. Everyone is coming over to my place tonight and we're gonna draw names and then we get to keep the creation of the person who's name we drew - just a little something fun to do. I'm really looking forward to all the girls coming over and Jim and I are also planning something special for our girls. They love to go camping, so we're gonna set up the tent downstairs in our rec room that they can camp out in while Mum has her friends over upstairs!

The girls used to sleep right through my stampin' gatherings...even with all our carrying on! I remember one night, shortly after we moved in to our house, I got the kids to sleep and I then had 11 friends come over to stamp, we laughed and weren't quiet by any means. Even the doorbell didn't wake the up! The kids slept through the whole thing and after everyone left, I cleaned everything up and the kids had no idea that I had anyone over! ...Sneaky Mum and her secret stampin' nights! lol :)

But, recently they keep waking up. We own a bungalow and their bedrooms are just off the dining room so I guess it's to be expected now. I kinda miss the style of our old house where the bedrooms were upstairs from my dining room where my friends and I used to stamp. Anyway, ya make due with what you've got...there's a lot of things that I enjoy more about the house that we're in now, so I guess it's a good trade off! lol :) Anyway, keep your fingers crossed that the girls decide to settle down and go to sleep early! :)

Update: I actually wrote this last night, but didn't post it. I was gonna wait to show everyone my card tonight, but I made another one this morning that I'm gonna use as the colour challenge card, so I'll wait to post that one next week when we all get together.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Nightingale (see d's - Inque Boutique)

Cardstock: Charcoal Flat (CRS), White Linen and White Flat (CRS), Magenta (The Paper Company)

Ink: Basic Black (SU)

Embellishments: Crystal Fire Swarovski Flat Back Crystals (Pure Allure, Inc), Magenta 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon (Michaels)
Tools: Horizontal Slot Punch (SU)

1 comment: