Sunday, March 16, 2008

St. Patty's Day Treat Bags

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Yeah, I know it's not until the 17th...but that's only a couple of hours away! lol :)

I saw this idea of attaching a card front to a bag the other day at a local stamp store, Carousel Rubber Stamps, and thought I'd make some little St. Patty's Day themed bags for each of my girls. They love little bags, boxes, purses, etc. to fill with assorted goodies, so I think they'll like these. The bags are a very simple design, but I know they'll love all the bling! I just freehand-cut the stems and all the hearts to make the leaves of the 4 leaf clover, did up a normal A2 sized card front, then attached it to a little white bag from Carousel. I did have to trim the bag slightly to make it just shy of 5 1/2" high.

In our family, we're not ones to go all out on St. Patty's Day, but I just thought this would be a fun little project to do up for the kids and we'll have our traditional Green eggs tomorrow, they always get a kick out of those. Other than that, it'll be a normal day for us. But, to all of my Irish friends out there, have a green beer for me and try not to kiss any fools! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Plum, Green, White (The Paper Company)
Ink: Certainly Celery (SU)
Stamps: Crosshatch background (SU)
Tools: Ticket Punch (SU), Scissors, Thumbtack (to pole holes for brads), Mini White Paper Bags (Carousel Rubber Stamps)
, Double-Sided Adhesive Tape
Embellishments: Green Gem Brads (Dollarama)

2 comments:

dasimonds said...

Cute Idea..
They look Great!!
Thanks for sharing..
"Happy St. Patrick's Day"

Michele Kovack said...

Very cute!! Happy ST. Paddy's Day!