Friday, March 21, 2008

Showers of Joy


I finally got a chance to get back into my stamp room tonight to create something...I had an idea in my head and this is how it turned out. My original idea was to make a flower that sort of looked like an umbrella and on the inside, for the card to read, 'Showers of Joy'. This card was supposed to be for a friend of mine that just had a new little baby girl...but, I'm not sure it's appropriate. Why can't I just come up with a normal baby card without all the silly hidden meanings! lol :) All my birthday cards, as well, just seem to be general cards with flowers or something on them, never birthday cakes or typical 'birthday' themed images. I dunno...what do you think? Perhaps I'll try another style tomorrow...

I was also trying to use some colours that I don't normally use. Yes, I know the green or Wild Wasabi is common to my colours, but I rarely use Groovy Guava or River Rock. It's not that I don't like the colours, I just never seem to reach for them from my stash. But, I actually really like these colours together and they remind me of Spring. That's good, 'cause even though it's officially Spring, it sure doesn't look like it outside! We got more freezing rain last night and this morning, it warmed up later today and melted the ice, but there's still snow everywhere. Ok Mother Nature, enough is enough! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Serendipity (CTMH), Small Script (SU)
Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, River Rock (all SU)
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Cameo Coral (all SU)
Embellishments: Clear Gem Brad (Dollarama)
Tools: 1/8" Dimensional Squares, White Gel Pen (Marvy Uchida), Scissors, Double-Sided Adhesive Tape

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Great card, Julie!

Sorry to hear that Mother Nature is not cooperating. I guess I shouldn't tell you that it is suppose to be +14 here in Calgary on Sunday!! Might be doin' the egg hunt outside this year!! Woohoo! :0)

QuiltNut Creations said...

love the card!