Thursday, March 6, 2008

Altered Serving Tray


I've been wanting to alter something for my Mum for her birthday and this serving tray is what I finally decided on. She loves daisies and I like this old SU dp, so I went with it along with a whimiscal butterfly theme. I hope she likes it! :) I bought the serving tray (or memory tray as they call it) at Michaels. It's a nice, sturdy tray that came pre-painted with the white finish and it also came with a clear acrylic protective insert. My idea originally was to make the serving tray with some Envirotex sealer to do a really good job...but I chickened out! lol :) I know it probably isn't that difficult to use, but I could just envision a huge, sticky mess on my part or ruined my job altogether! One of these days, however, I'll brave the Envirotex...it's some pretty cool stuff. You can check out the link above if you're not familiar with this product.

Here are some other views and a few closeups...




Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Garden Whimsy (SU)
Patterned Paper: Spring Flowers (SU-retired)
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Mellow Moss (All SU)
Cardstock: Banana (Bazzill), Flat Avocado (CRS), Flat White (CRS)
Tools: Corner Rounder Punch (SU), 1/8" Dimensional Squares, Memory Tray (Michaels - made by Demis Products), scissors, sea sponge and lots of double-sided adhesive tape.

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Very pretty, Julie. I am sure your Mom will love it! :0)

Kim said...

This is precious Julie, your Mom is going to just love it!