Friday, June 13, 2008

Caterpillar Tractor Card


My Dad is a 'Caterpillar Man' through and through. He's operated Cats his whole life, owing his on company in land forming, dyke and road building. He's now retired, but he spends a great deal of his time now restoring antique Caterpillar tractors. His garage is full of them and he's happy as can be when he's tinkering with them! So, for a Father's Day card this year, I thought I'd make him a Caterpillar card. I couldn't find a stamp to use, so I drew my own tractor freehand! (Well, by looking at a clipart image online - but I didn't trace it!)

I coloured the tractor in with markers, but I'm not overly happy with my attempt at outlining the tractor and my shading with the orange colour. I'd redo it, but it took me a fair time to draw it and I don't have the time to start over. Anyway, I think Dad will really like it anyway. We'll see on Sunday, I guess, when I drive it down to his place. Hope everyone has a great weekend and all the Dad's out there have a great day!

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: 'Happy Father's Day'- Greetings Galore (Impression Obsession)
Cardstock: Coffee Brown -Double Mates (WorldWin Extraordinary Papers), Cardstock Vellum (SU), Cream (CTMH)
Patterned Paper: Old World (CTMH)
Ink: Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Tim Holtz - Ranger)
Tools: Edge Distresser (CTMH), Black Pigma Pen - Micron 01 (Sakura), Sea Sponge
Embellishments: Dark Brown Grosgrain Ribbon (Fabricville), Antique Brass Brads and Buckle from Hodge Podge Hardware (SU)

1 comment:

Kim said...

What a great idea Julie! I think it looks awesome and your Dad will surely love it!