Thursday, June 19, 2008

Teacher 'Thank You' Gift Box




Well, it's hard to believe that it's nearly the end of the school year and that means Teacher Appreciation Gifts. I always like to make a little something to give to the teacher's for all their hard work. I saw this cute little gift box the other day on Corie's blog and I knew it was just what I was looking for to use as a gift box for some little soaps and lotions that I picked up. I changed up my pattern a bit, but Corie has a great tutorial on her blog if you're interested in making one, as well.

I'm not sure if it's the fact that I'm rather down and out with the flu right now, but it took me forever to make this little box. I kept screwing up the measurements and having to start over...a bit frustrating for something that should have taken hardly any time at all! lol :) Anyway, one gift down and I hope to finish the other one tomorrow. Not sure what I'll make for their other teachers - Music and Gym...gotta get my thinkin' cap on for those!

Well, I've had four naps today in amongst my crafting, I'm totally burnt so I think I'll call it a day now...hopefully this darn flu will be gone tomorrow! ...Can we say only 6 more days of school and we'll be done with the passing of germs for a bit! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: Bird on Branch (Inkadinkado), Thank You (StampCraft - WalMart)
Cardstock: Soft Sky (SU), Jet Black Linen (CRS)
Patterned Paper: Blue Raspberry Collage and Blue Raspberry Paisley - Fresh Print (Déjà Views)
Ink: Onyx Black Archival (VersaFine)
Tools: Terrifically Tacky Tape, White Tissue Paper
Embellishments: Light Blue Satin Wired Ribbon (Michaels)

4 comments:

dasimonds said...

Your "Thank you Box"
is Beautiful!!
Pretty blue..sweet bird..
and love the blue paisley paper.
*Hope you are feeling better.

Shannon Tompkins said...

Looking good!

Corie said...

OH my gosh -- this is soooooo beautiful!!!! I love it!

Tracy.H said...

Great job on the box, Julie! I have one gift made, but need 2 more. Guess I will be busy this weekend...we only have 3 more days of school left...woohoo!! :0)