Monday, June 9, 2008

I'm so clumsy...

I'm not seriously hurt, but I had a bit of an accident last night. I was about to take my girls to bed, but I wanted to throw in a quick load of wash first, so I grabbed the laundry basket and headed for the basement stairs, not knowing that my cat was asleep laying across the first step from the top. Well, with my first step down the stairs, I tripped over the cat (yes, she's fine!) and I fell 3/4 of the way down my big set of stairs! I skinned my left elbow and wrenched my right knee and did something to my right ankle/foot/toes. It's not swollen, Jim put ice on it right away and I kept it elevated all evening. There's no bruising, but it hurts like crazy on the inside of my ankle. I can't put any pressure on my foot and my toes are all numb and tingly and the right side of my foot is still numb. I haven't gone to the doctor as I wanted to wait through the night as I though it was just a sprain and was pretty sure it wasn't broken. The numbness is increasing and my toes feel really weird. I still can't point my toes or bend them back towards me. Jim took the car to work today and just got home. Seeing as though I've been hopping around all day, I think I probably should go to see a doctor tonight. I hope it's nothing, maybe just a pinched nerve or something, and that it'll be better in a few days. We'll see...

So, in between keeping my leg being elevated today, I took a few minutes this afternoon to sit and make this card with a stamp I've been wanting to play with for a while. I borrowed this stamp, 'Earth laughs in flowers' from Kim, I had seen it on different cards and thought it was such a nice saying. I chose to use a soft colours and a simple layout for this card. I think it might be too plain, though. That, or I think the ribbon should have gone the other direction, coming from under the saying instead of the flower image.

Well, gotta go rest my leg again for a bit, it's really starting to throb. :(

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: Stem Silhouettes (SU), Earth Laughs (Stamp a Mania)
Cardstock: Pale Plum (SU), Flat White (CRS)
Ink: Pale Plum (SU)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, 1/8" Dimensional Squares
Embellishments:Pale Plum and Pale Pink Ribbon

4 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful card, Julie!

Wow! I sure hope you did not do too much damage. Be sure to get it checked out at the doctors tonight though and keep us updated. :0)

Nancy said...

Oh Julie! Take it easy girl! Probably a good idea to visit the Dr!

Deborah March said...

Pretty card Julie. Hope your injuries are healing. OUCH!

Sandie R said...

Nice card Julie, lovely soft colours.

As for the foot, ankle thing I hope you've been to the Dr. Sounds like a circulation, nerve thing going on and you don't want to treat that lightly. Take care