Monday, June 16, 2008

Shades of Purple Flowers

I thought I'd share a few of the pretty flowers from the gardens in my yard. I've been busy lately fixing them up and it's so much nicer to be outside now with the yard looking all pur-dy! lol :) I just found these gorgeous purple passion flowers and I just couldn't leave them at the greenhouse. Aren't they beautiful? I've never seen these flowers before and I love the shape of the petals in the first picture - they're so delicate and pretty! Unfortunately, they didn't come with a plastic info spike in the soil, if anyone can tell me exactly what these flowers are called, I'd really appreciate it, I can't find them online - I believe they are part of the Passion Flower (Passifloraceae) family, but I could be wrong. This family includes over 500 species, so it's no wonder I can't find them (the flowers pictured above and below) online! Help, please! lol :)


The flower pictured below is one that I already had in my garden - I believe they are called Bachelor's Button, but again, I'm not a gardener, if you know the proper name for them, please leave me a comment. :)

Well, I've gotta call it a day. I hope to get a chance to get in my crafty space tomorrow... gardening took over today so I didn't get a chance. But, I have a few cards to make for a few upcoming birthdays so I better get a start on those tomorrow...

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

5 comments:

Nancy said...

So beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie...
The last one is called Mountain Bluet... don't ya just love blue flowers in the garden!? :)

http://images.google.ca/images?gbv=2&hl=en&q=mountain+bluet

Cheers,
Val

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie...
The last one is called Mountain Bluet... don't ya just love blue flowers in the garden!? :)

http://images.google.ca/images?gbv=2&hl=en&q=mountain+bluet

Cheers,
Val

Anonymous said...

Julie, the first one is called a Spoon Daisy or Whirligig...I guess because they look like little spoons...Love them. I'm living in Florida now, but I had one in my garden up in Canada.

enjoy.
Connie

Tracy.H said...

Wow! Julie, these are so beauiful! I never seen anything like that first one either...so beautiful! :0)