Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Criss-Cross Gift Boxes

Well, I racked my brain as to what sort of gift box I was gonna use for this set of Gardeners Products that I got for my oldest daughter's teacher for her end of school thank you gift. Then, I remembered a cute little Criss-Cross Gift Box that I saw on Nichole Heady's blog, {capture the moment}, some time back. She had made her gift box to fit a little bag of nuts - a very cute project.

The only problem is that the original box was very small - just 3" wide x 1" deep x 4" high at the back. First, I tried one using her template as a trial run which uses 8 1/2" x 11' cs, then I did some figuring and I custom made another gift box from the measurements of my bottles. I seemed to run into a couple of snags, though...I had to use a large piece of cs - 14" x 20" (that I get at DeSerres art supplies store) however, my straight cutter won't cut a piece of cs that big so I had to use my craft knife - which I don't like using. Same problem when it was time to make my score lines...I couldn't, since again the cs was too big to fit in my 12" paper trimmer with my score blade. So, I had to mark off where to score and fold it myself. Seems like a minor problem, but it just like the clean lines that a score blade gives you, is all. Anyway, all in all it turned out well and I'm very proud of myself that I was able to figure out the dimensions to alter the size! lol :)

This is the gift box that I made using Nichole's original template that makes a gift box 3" wide x 4" high x 1"deep.

Just a picture to show you to difference in size of the two Criss-Cross Gift Boxes. The larger box measures 5.75" wide x 7" high x 2" deep.

These bottles are the contents of the gift box, a bottle of Gardeners Hand Lotion (240 ml), a bottle of Antibacterial Hand Soap (240 ml) and a tube of Intensive Therapy Hand Cream (150 ml). I really hope she does Gardening!! I'm pretty sure she does, but if not, I guess she can use these anyway! lol :)

Well, that's all for me for today. I have to make the card tomorrow to go with this gift, so I'll be back to post it soon. :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: Thanks a Bunch and Flower Can (Hero Arts), Just for You (Studio G)
Cardstock: Butter (Deserres), Chocolate Chip (Bazzill), Blue Bayou (SU)
Patterned Paper: Wild Saffron (K & Company)
Ink: Ruby Red (SU), Chocolate Chip (SU), Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Tim Holtz - Ranger)
Tools: Terrifically Tacky Tape, Scalloped Oval Punch (Marvy Uchida), 1', 1 1/4" & 1 1/2" Circle Punches (Creative Memories), Sea Sponge,
Craft Knife, Cutting Mat, Hi-Jell Sparklers Gel Roller Pens - Gold, Red, Blue, Green & Orange (Merangue)

4 comments:

Deborah March said...

FABULOUS boxes Julie, and what a thoughtful gift!

Sandie R said...

Love your Criss Cross Gift Box Julie. Your girl's teachers are so lucky.

Tracy.H said...

Wow! Great job, Julie!! I am sure that her teacher will love it. I will have to keep this box in mind for future use myself. ;0)

Cindy Vernon said...

Wow, great job on altering the box to a bigger size! It came out awesome!