Thursday, June 12, 2008

Memory Star Book by My Mum

This is the beautiful Memory Star Book that my Mum made me for my birthday of my daughters and me. What a wonderful gift, I seriously cried as I looked through it remembering all those wonderful times with them. I can't get over how quickly they're growing up, but this will be a great way to look back at some of those special times from their first few years.

This is the cover of the Star Book, it says, These are the days to Remember.
This is the Star Book fully opened with the ribbon tied to keep it open.

Page One: Ah, my little Alexandria. This was her at 3 days old, the day we took her home from the hospital. Look at her sweet little hands. Oh, I miss those days... The saying on this page says, My Child, you hold the whole of my heart in your small hands.

Page Two: This is Alexandria again at about 6 months old. Look at those big brown eyes. Enough to make your heart melt! Her eyes are so dark brown that they're almost black. They're so pretty! This saying is, A child reminds us that playtime is an essential part of our daily routine.

Page Three: This picture was taken when Alexandria was about 3 years old. My Mum came for a visit on the train (a 24 hour trip) up to Ontario and we stopped to feed the ducks on the way home. Always an event that brought lots of smiles, hence the saying for this page, smiles, smiles, smiles, smiles, smiles.

Page Four: This picture was taken about 6 months ago. Alexandria at 6 years old pictured here with me after we moved into our new (to us) home in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. She's my sentimental one, always giving lots of hugs and kisses. This saying is, There's no one like a Mom. to care so completely. teach so gently & to love so deeply.

Page Five: This is my sweet little baby girl, Natalia at about one month old. I used to love this sleeper outfit, it had a little chicken face on the bum and was too cute for anything, especially while she was sleeping with her bum sticking up in the air! lol :) The saying for this one is, Cute as can be.

Page Six: Ah, our little Diva, Natalia at about 6 months old with her big brown eyes like saucers! So sweet! Can it be that she's almost 5 years old now! Where does the time go?

Page Seven: Natalia at about 2 years old, doing one her favorite things, sliding! Something that always provides big smiles!

Page Eight: Such a sweet, innocent little face...Natalia at about 4 years old. The saying for this one is, My Mother is a gift to me from the heavens up above. Because in the heart of my Mother, there's the key to unconditional love.

Page Nine: This is me on my 3rd birthday...31 years ago yesterday! Look at that big smile...it must have been a good day! :)

Page Ten: Here are both my girls with pictures of them on their 3rd birthdays, can you see any resemblance to me?

Page Eleven: Little Alexandria (3 years) trying to read to her little Sis, Natalia (1 year). They've both always loved books and love to share time together. The saying is, The best thing you can give children are good memories.

Page Twelve: A more recent special time with the girls (6 and 4 years old), having a princess tea party. They both absolutely love to dress up. Poor Natalia needed a bang cut, though, I think! Her eyes are in there somewhere! lol :) The saying is, Friends until the end.

Well, I hope you enjoyed looking at some pictures of my girls as they've grown up. This star book is something that I'll treasure for years to come. I can't thank my Mum enough for making it for me! Thanks, Mum! I love you!

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

3 comments:

Krisstee said...

Your Mom did a fabulous job. A star book is on my "things to do someday" list. The girls are sweet and I must say they look a lot like their Mom.

Kim said...

Wow Julie, what an incredible gift this is. Your Mom is so thoughtful..and your girls are beautiful!

Hugs,
Kim

Tracy.H said...

This is beautiful, Julie! Your Mom did a fabulous job on this. You have a couple of cuties there! :0)