Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Masculine Birthday

I had a masculine birthday card to make for my Father-in-Law's upcoming birthday and this is what I came up with. I have a really hard time coming up with masculine themed cards, I really prefer to make ones that are 'girly' and fun! Anyway, this card is rather plain, but I guess it will do. It's hard to not over-embellish it and have it take away from looking masculine...am I alone here on this one? lol :)

Well, I have to go get ready for work. I'm hoping to post something tomorrow for an end of year teacher's gift that I have in mind.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: Cupcake and Happy Birthday (Studio G)
Cardstock: Blue Bayou (SU), Coffee Brown -Double Mates (WorldWin Extraordinary Papers)
Patterned Paper: Boho Chic Fancy Free - Urban Window Collection (We R Memory Keepers) Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Chocolate Chip, Old Olive & Really Rust (SU)
Tools: Aqua Painter (SU), Cuttlebug, Birthday Embossing Folder, 1/8" Dimensional Squares (EK Success)
Embellishments: Antique Brass Iron On Brads (Stuff by Hillary Duff - Michaels)

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Looks great, Julie! I have to make one for my FIL this week too. Not too sure what I will make yet. I find it so hard to make masculine cards too. :0)

QuiltNut Creations said...

this is fabulous! love the layout