Friday, October 10, 2008

A great day out with Kim

I had such a great day on Wednesday. My friend, Kim and I went on an all day road trip a couple hours from home and while we were out we stopped into two stamp stores. Kim picked me up at 9 AM and dropped me back home at about 7:30 PM, I think. It was so nice to have a day away and to be able to chat with such a great friend. Kim's such a sweetheart and we always have lots to talk about. We had a great day of shopping around and had an awesome lunch out. We both had Chicken Quesadillas with Caesar Salad. I've got to say, those were the best Quesadillas that I've ever had! Yum! Yum! :)

We found a bit at the first stamp store, but were extremely excited when we got to the second one as they had ALL their wood mounted stamps on for 75% off! Can you imagine, it was like two kids in a candy store! You know how usually when you go into a stamp store, you struggle over what to buy as they cost a fair bit...picking a stamp up, but then putting it back until you decide on the stamp worthy of today's purchase. Well, this time we could pretty much choose what ever we wanted and buy it! What fun! :) I got a bunch of stamps that I've had my eye on for some time, but didn't buy them before 'cause I couldn't bring myself to buy them at full price. So, I was thrilled to finally be able to get them this way! What a screamin' deal!

What's kinda funny, though, is before we went into the store we put change in the parking meter for 45 minutes...thinking that would be more than enough time. We were only going to put in enough for 30 minutes, but I threw in another coin just in case, I said "Better to put one more coin in than get a ticket 'cause we were a couple minutes late." Well, I don't know what we were thinking, but neither of us were watching our watches while we were in there, when we came out there was no time left on our meter. But, it gets better...just as we walked out the door of the store, the Commissionaire who writes up the tickets was looking at the car's meter just in front of Kim's car! If we'd been just another 30 seconds, he would have already been writing up our ticket! But instead, we jumped in the car and drove off. What luck! Hey, that's good stamp money that we saved! lol :)

Anyway, this is one of the stamps that I got - a beautiful dress. Isn't it gorgeous? :) I couldn't get a clear picture of the vellum dress in the 'front on' pic, so here's an angle pic that shows it more clearly. Also, in case you can't read it in the picture above, the sentiment below the dress says' It's a Girl Thing' with little flowers on either side of the sentiment.

Well, I'm hosting Thanksgiving dinner here at my house on Sunday, so I better start to get the house tidied up as I have to work the next couple of nights, as well. Lots to do and not a lot of time to do it in...

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:

Stamps: Party Dress - 8353-X- Dawn Houser (Inkadinkado), 'It's a Girl Thing' (Studio G)
Cardstock: Soft Pink (CRS), Chocolate Chip (Bazzill), Ivory (Staples), Vellum Cardstock (SU)
Patterned Paper: Classic K McKenna (K & Company)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn), Black Onyx (VersaFine)
Tools: Corner Rounder Punch (SU)
Embellishments: Light Pink Satin Polka Dot Ribbon (Michaels), Pink Bling (Staples)

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Great card, Julie! Sounds like a great day and looks like the Stamping Gods were looking out for you in more ways than one!! ;0)

Yvonne said...

You forgot to tell us where you went.....details....name of store....I might want to go for a drive somewhere.
Sounds like you had lots of fun!