Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Cupcakes


Ok, this is the last post for today and I have to go get ready to go since I got called in to work again tonight. Alas, no crafty time again tonight... Boo Hoo! lol :)

I just wanted to share the recipe for the Pumpkin Cupcakes that I made for a little treat when the girls came over the other night. They were yummy, but I think I would have added more cinnamon than they called for and perhaps even a wee bit of nutmeg. Darn, I guess I'll have to make some more....twist my arm! lol :) I got this recipe from a crafty blog a while ago, but unfortunately I can't remember who I got it from...sorry! :( Thanks for the recipe, though! :)

Pumpkin Bars / Pumpkin Cupcakes

2 cups flour

2 cups sugar (I used 1 1/2 cups Splenda instead)

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. baking soda

4 eggs, beaten

1 cup oil (I used Canola)

1 can canned pumpkin (15 oz size)

Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, baking soda together. Gently mix in sugar. In large mixing bowl, beat 4 eggs until foamy. Add oil and canned pumpkin. Mix until combined. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients. Do not over beat. Pour into greased sheet pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. (I baked mine for 18 minutes). If you are doing the mini cupcakes like I did, bake for about 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.

While pumpkin bars are baking and cooling, have butter and cream cheese come to room temperature. My MIL always doubles the frosting recipe ... and I did as well. You definitely need a doubled batch of this frosting to cover all the pumpkin bars!

Frosting

3 ounces light cream cheese

3/4 stick butter or margarine

1 tsp. milk

1 tsp. vanilla

3/4 cup powdered sugar

Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth (no lumps). Add milk and vanilla. Slowly incorporate powdered sugar. Spread on cooled bars. Cut into bars. I like to put a candy corn in the center of each bar. Store in refrigerator as there are items in this recipe that require refrigeration. (And you might want to put aluminum foil over the top of the pan to keep the frosting soft. Lightly spray your aluminum foil with cooking spray to keep the frosting from sticking to the foil.)

Enjoy! :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

No comments: