Sunday, October 19, 2008

A start on my Xmas cards

I had a wonderful time in the Valley this weekend with my parents. It's so nice to go down and relax and enjoy some time with them. Mum and I did some running around and the girls had a great visit with their grandparents, as usual. We picked Jim up mid afternoon from his weekend away and we took the long way home through the countryside to see some more of the beautiful Fall leaves. Some of them are really stunning now, they're so nice to look at. :)

Thought I'd share a pic of the beautiful Canadian Sugar Maple trees that my Dad planted about 20 years ago around the skating rink that he built us in our back yard when we were little kids. My Dad's retired now, but he did land forming and road building as a business, so we were thrilled when he used his D6 Caterpillar tractor to build us this skating rink. Our house was always pretty busy during the winter months with all our friends coming over for a skate or game of hockey. Now that we're bigger, Dad usually lets the cat tails grow up in the pond and he lets the Mallard ducks enjoy a little sanctuary. :)
Mum and I were able to get in some crafty time over the weekend. I was showing her a bit about the Cuttlebug and how the Nestabilities work and I made the pink card above on Friday night. Not really traditional holiday colours, but I think it's kinda pretty. A girly Xmas card, for sure! lol :)

The cards above are the ones that I made on Saturday night. I had some fun playing with a little gingerbread man stamp and some gingerbread man patterned paper. Natalia will love these cards as she loves gingerbread men. I'll have to show them to her tomorrow. Well, I'm gonna call it a night and go get some rest.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)


Reindeer Bliss Card Supplies:
Stamps: Reindeer Bliss (Michaels), Flourishes (Michaels)

Cardstock: White Linen (CRS), Purely Pomegranate (SU), Rose Pink (Bazzill)

Ink: Purely Pomegranate (SU)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Snowflake Embossing Folder, Classic Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Ticket Punch (SU)

Embellishments: Pink Bling


Gingerbread Man Card Supplies:

Stamps: Gingerbreadman - Snowy Jo Collection -Snag'em Stamps (Imaginisce)
, 'Season's Greetings' - Sentiments 1 (Impression Obsession)
Cardstock: Orange-Red and Chocolate Brown (Creative Memories), White Linen (CRS)

Patterned Paper: Christmas Cooking Stripes (Karen Foster Design), Holiday Phrase - Teri Martin (Creative Imaginations)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Corner Rounder Punch (SU), 1/2" Circle Punch (Marvy Uchida), White Gel Pen (Signo - SU)
Embellishments: Clear Bling

2 comments:

Deborah March said...

So pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable time Julie! You're so lucky to haave your family so close! I'm back now too; glad to be home, but tired, sad, and missing the boys. I need a good night's sleep. ;) Perhaps we'll all get together soon for a crafty evening.

Corie said...

I love these Holiday cards -- so adorable!!