Friday, April 20, 2007

Big Blossom Birthday Card


I love my SU Big Blossom stamp so much that I thought I would play with it again tonight for a little bit. I'm trying to decide if this card is too busy...I think perhaps it is...or maybe the Cuttlebug embossed background doesn't even go with the stamp that I used over top of my cut out Big Blossom stamp. I think I'm just too tired...lol :) Anyway, I like these colours together and I always have fun making my own little scallops using the SU Slit punch for the flower centre. It's nice that you can make the scalloped shape whatever size you want simply by attaching the little half circles to the back of another shape, in this case the burgundy ring layer. I am disappointed over my attempt at faux stitching on the flower, though. I usually use a white gel pen, but tonight I thought I'd try a black gel pen...well, you can hardly see it and I think it just ruined it! :( Oh well...lesson learned! lol

I'm gonna hit the hay before midnight tonight..the kids ran absolutely wild today and frankly I'm wiped out! I'm sure they'll be up at the crack of dawn again looking to run all over again! Oh, if only I could bottle up some of that energy!!! :)

Thanks for stopping by! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Love the background!