Sunday, April 22, 2007

New Stamp Cleaner


I've recently learned of a cleaner to clean your stamps with. It's extremely cost efficient, so I though I would pass along this wonderful information.

You buy the cleaner at Canadian Tire and it's called Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner. It comes in a 650 ml bottle, but the best part is this is concentrated! It actually makes 3 times that much cleaner for your stamps because you use 1 part cleaner and 3 parts water to use on your stamps! The bottle only costs $5.99 + tax. Is that a screamin' deal or what!! :) Another great thing about it is it's non-toxic, bio-degradeable and the safer alternative to toxic cleaners, solvents and bleaches. (I'm sure the Halifax Harbour will be happy for that!)
You can also use it for lots of other things, too...if you need to further justify your purchase...lol :) Just keep an keen eye on you DH, he'll be running off with it, I'm sure! :) The back of the bottle says Simple Green removes: grease, oil, carbon, dirt, pet stains, coffee, and juice stains, lipstick, food, soil, wet nail polish, soap scum, inks, crayon, blood, smoke, soot, adhesives, chocolate, and much more from any washable indoor/outdoor surface.
If this works as good as it says it does, I may never need to buy any other kind of cleaner ever again! It also has a really nice fresh scent. I find a lot of cleaners get ya right in the throat and are very strong smelling. I think I'm very happy with my purchase! :) And, no, I don't work for the company, I just learned of this fantastic cleaner that some of my stamping friends have been talking about and thought I'd give it a try.

Here's a note from Diane regarding Simple Green Cleaner.

Here's what I do: I apply the mixture of Simple Green & water (1 part cleaner & 3 parts water) to the dirty stamp and then scrub it on a paint edger or one of the similar pads sold at stamp stores. When all the ink is off, I hold the stamp under running water to get all of the cleaner off the rubber. Then stand to dry. That's it!
I keep a nail brush at the sink to get into the more intricate designs. I've tried the babywipes, but they're fiddly, often come apart, leave lint on the rubber and don't do the job as fast as the Simple Green. After rinsing, I stand them up in such a way that the rubber is vertical and all water drains off that, and out of the foam underneath.

I bought my bottle of Simple Green last summer, diluted it 1 part to 3 parts water and I haven't used another cleaner on my stamps since. It hasn't affected the rubber or the glue, but because it will even de-grease car engines and clean driveways, I sure wouldn't leave it on my stamps for any extended period of time!
For my acrylic stamps, I spray or pour the diluted Simple Green on the scrub pad - and afterwards, I rinse and rinse again. And yes, it will remove StazOn!
Diane

Hope this is helpful! Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Thanks for the tip!

Just wanted to let you know that you have been tagged again! This one is different though...go check out my blog...you're it!

Ila said...

You've been tagged. . .check out my blog site. . http://artfullyila.blogspot.com/

I'm going to have to try this simple green for my stamps!