Saturday, May 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Uncle Frank


Tonight I CASE'd a card that I saw recently on the blog by Artfully Ila. If you haven't checked her blog out, skip on over, she does gorgeous work, you won't be disappointed! I actually really like Ila's card a lot better, she did a much nicer job. Unfortunately, I was in a bit of a hurry putting this one together and wasn't in the mood to redo parts of it that I wasn't happy with. Anyway, I thought it was a really cute layout and I think my Uncle Frank will be happy with it. His birthday party is on Sunday, it'll be nice to see him and a great opportunity to see a bunch of my Mum's side of the family. We always have a few good laughs. Keep your fingers crossed for me that my girls don't run and act like crazy hyenas, though! They get excited and lose control sometimes...ok a lot, but I really hope they behave themselves there for my sanity!

For this card I used my Cuttlebug...did you notice that I bought another embossing folder? My poor swirls is getting some great use, but it was the only one that I owned. I'm slowly building a collection. The bee is from the SU Watercolour Garden set. It's the only thing I stamped on this card. All the rest was freehand doodling. The ribbon is from Michaels. The corner frame I cut out by hand, as well.

Well, I'm calling it a night, busy day planned for tomorrow and a few of the girls are coming over tomorrow night to stamp with me. Yippee! :) I'll post my creations on Sunday morning.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

Ila said...

Love your card Julie! Gotta love those cuttlebug folders..I need to get more of these folders too. Thank you so much for your kind words about my blog and cards.
I always look forward to your updates and Awesome cards and projects!

Franzi said...

A really nice card! Also the cuttlebug background. Nice motive.