Friday, May 4, 2007

Stampin' Night with the girls

I had a few stampin' friends over tonight and I had a wonderful time! So nice to have company while creating. We got to chat lots, and I still got 3 cards done! I ended up making 3 totally different cards, trying to think a bit out of the box...these are what I came up with.

This first I call 'Serene Flowers.' For some reason I find this one very calming...not sure why, I just do! I'm loving my D'vine Swirls embossing folder...got to I guess since it's the only one I own so far!!! lol :)
The second one I'm calling 'Funky Dragonfly.' We had a discussion tonight...I thought this was a dragonfly, others think it's a butterfly, I think it sort of looks like both, what do you think? I love this DP, and tried a new little ribbon technique tonight. I think this is a happy card and I love these colours, makes me get in the Spring mode, for sure! :)

For my third, I'm calling 'Simple Elegance.' I tried 4 different flowers before I got the look that I wanted...yup, I'm not altogether there upstairs! lol :) Ah, just indecisive, I guess! I think I'm happy with my final choice of this flower. I really like the sage green and burgundy and black together here. Kind of a smart card, if I do say so myself!
Well, it appears my chest cold is making an encore performance. :( Gotta go get some sleep, I probably should have been in bed hours ago...oh, but I had a great time tonight, I'll get lots of sleep tomorrow night! Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Some pretty creations!

Tracy.H said...

I say it's a Dragonfly too and I 'love' it!!