Friday, May 11, 2007

Tole Painting Blast from the Past


I had totally forgotten about this towel rack that I made for a friend of mine back in 1999 until just yesterday. She brought it back to me and said although she really liked it, she wanted to give it back to me as it reminded her too much of her long time relationship that ended last year. She was going through some things that she's had in storage and saw this and thought I might like it back as I always liked it, as well. I feel kinda weird about taking it back, but I know it provides memories for her that she wants to let go, so I'm happy to find a home for it in my place. The little towels she sewed on were a gift from her X's sister, so it really reminds her of them. I hope her all the best, she's my best friend and I love her to death and she so deserves someone who will treat her like a Queen, the way she should be treated.

I haven't tole painted in years, since my first daughter came along, I've hung on to all my stuff, perhaps someday I'll get back into it, but for now, my love for stamping, card making and altered crafts has taken over, so we'll see...

Thanks for stopping by for my 'blast form the past.'

1 comment:

Diana Jiron Graff said...

oh you multytalented little cheeky monkey! this is gorgeous!