Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Pretty in Pink Birthday Wishes


I had five of my stampin' friends over last night and I had a great time. I love having people over, we shared some stamps, ideas and funny stories. I'm very excited to start playing with some of my old stamps that have been overlooked as I wasn't sure what to do with them. Val showed me some great techniques and I can't wait to get a chance to play with them, just gotta get my swap cards sent out first... Thanks again, Val! :)

This is the card that I started at my Mum's on the weekend, and I finished it last night. For my 'Pretty in Pink' card I got to play with my SU Looks Like Spring set. The large flower I cut out by hand, the smaller one was done using the matching SU punch that goes with the Looks Like Spring flower trio stamp. (Can I stress enough, the need for a punch for the larger flower! Pretty please SU, make one for us! lol) For the background, I freehanded this using a white gel pen. First, I did all the diagonal lines in one direction, then in the other direction. Then, I added the dots where the lines intersected. Kind of a fun background to do. My happy birthday stamp was a little stamp that I found at a dollar store. I got a few cute ones from them, but they don't seem to be getting any more in. Boo! Hoo! :( Isn't that always the way, when you see something great, it never continues! Oh well. C'est la vie!

Last night, I also partially completed my Holiday House Mouse swap cards. But, I won't post them til after the swap goes postal, so I won't ruin the surprise for anyone that might actually read my blog, too. :)

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

Very pretty card!! That background is awesome!!