Monday, May 14, 2007

A Wonderful Mother's Day Weekend






I had such a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. I was very pleased as my girls acted very well. Not the norm for them at Gramma and Grampa's house. They are normally so excited that they run around like some sort of crazy hyena's! We drove down on Saturday morning and got there just before lunch and had the whole day to relax in the countryside. Nice to get away from the city for a bit. The girls went to bed pretty early so Mum and I were able to have some crafty time. Mum is big into scrapbooking, so she was working on some layouts and I made one card, well almost...I'll finish it tomorrow. Pretty sad, but I spent most of my time organizing my cardstock and patterned paper in my drawers. It's gotten to quite a mess lately, so I figured it was high time that I fixed it up a bit. Much easier to find things now. My daughter's kept waking up, my oldest is getting her 6 year molars and having a really hard time with them, her crying keeps waking up my little one, so between all the settling of little ones, I didn't get much carding done. Oh well.

Mum and I called it a night at 1:30 AM and at 6:00 AM Alexandria (my 5 1/2 year old) got up and decided to wake up my Mum to get her to help her make me Mother's Day breakfast in bed! lol :) After we went to bed so late, Mum convinced Alex to stay in bed until 7:15 AM then she got up with her and got her breakfast and then they made me breakfast and served it to me in bed at 8:00. How sweet. I got coffee, scrambled eggs, toast with jam and a piece of cheddar along with a very sweet card and gift that she made me at preschool last week. Yup, I'm a sap...I cried! :)

In the afternoon, my Mum set up a sulkie (spelling?) horse ride with the girls and I think I had as much fun as they did. Helga, who owns the miniature horses is shown here with my girls and her grandson. She took them around the farm a few times and then she dropped them off to stay with my Mum for a few minutes while she showed me the ropes. Then, I got to take the girls by myself with the horse (Cannonball) and sulkie. We had so much fun, what a nice way to spend Mother's Day. :)

I got to spend some quality time with my Mum, that I love doing. She really is my best friend. I love her so much. We don't get to see each other as much as I'd like to, but we talk on the phone nearly everyday. I always look forward to talking to her. She's the first one I call as soon as I have any news. Mum gave me a lovely hummingbird feeder for Mother's Day. (I'll post a pic soon.) I can't wait to put it up as I love to watch the hummingbirds. Aren't they just the most amazing little birds? Thanks again, so much, Mum. I love you!

1 comment:

Shannon Tompkins said...

Sounds like you had a fablous weekend!