Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Masculine Paisley Card

I came home after I dropped Alexandria off at school this morning, and since Jim has the day off work, he was watching Natalia, so I ventured into my stamp room for some stampin' therapy. :)

I took the time to make this card for a friend of mine who just had surgery. It's for a guy, so I tried to keep it simple and with a masculine feel and not girly at all...man, I'll tell ya it's hard not to use ribbon! lol :) Anyway, hope you like it, Jay! :)

Stamps: Impression Obsession Clear Rubber Stamps 'Get Well Soon' is from the "Greetings Galore" stamp set.
Cardstock: Teal Bazzill, Burnt Umber (orange) Bazzill
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye - Bohemia - Backyard "Just Be You" Paisley/Teal
Hardware: SU HodgePodge Hardware - Antique Brass finish brads and corner latches. Does anyone know what those things are actually called? lol :)

Well, I'll probably be in my stamp room again tonight, so I'll post them later on.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

4 comments:

Corie said...

Nice guy card -- they always seem to be the most difficut (you know no bling).

The girls are adorable! Thanks for sharing the picture.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Nice clean lines, not girly but definitely a very nice get well card well suited for a guy!

NormaJ said...

Love this card Julie. It's masculine but also a little different to all the stamped cards
with bling and flowers and little
critters. Nice colours too

NormaJ said...

I asked my husband to come in and
tell me what he called the hardware.
And he called them toggle fasteners.
They used smaller versions of them on the back of picture frames to hold the picture in.

I don't know! Good a name as any I suppose.