Friday, September 28, 2007

Stampin' Up! Party cards

I hosted a SU party last night at my house, I had a great time and I hope that all the girls did, too! :) We made three cards...we have a great Demo...thanks Yvonne! :)

Below is a little Thank You gift that Yvonne made for me for hosting the party along with all the other goodies that I'll be receiving... insert big smiley face! :)

It's a little folder to hold chap stick, isn't this a cute idea!


She also made these cute little packaged Halloween chocolates for my girls. How sweet is she!? Of course, my girls won't like those at all! lol :) Just kidding! They love chocolate and will love the little baggies! I think I'll wait closer to Halloween to give them to them. She used Black StazOn ink to stamp on the little SU baggies.

Here are the 3 cards that we made:

I absolutely love this one that we made using a chipboard frame that we covered with SU Designer Series Paper. I really like these snowflakes and the little snowman is so cute peeking through the window, don't you think? I also really like the blue and white with just a touch of orange.
I also really like this card. These are beautiful colours together. We stamped the holly from the SU Peaceful Wishes set in SU Always Artichoke and then used a marker to colour in the berries with Bravo Burgundy. Then, we applied a touch of glue to the berries and added shimmer glitter. They don't look purple IRL, that's just my camera being whacky again, or shows my inability to take good pics! lol :) The ribbon feed is neat on this one for giving the illusion of a bow. You punch two holes side by side and feed the ribbon through from the front to the back, then criss-cross them in the back to feed back through the opposite hole and ta-da, you have a bow!

This is a quick technique but a pretty one. It's called VersaMark Resist. First, we stamped the trees from the SU Lovely As a Tree set using VersaMark onto glossy white cardstock. Then, using the SU Pumpkin Patch Spectrum Pad, we brayered onto the glossy cs on top of the stamped trees. The ink adheres to the cs, but resists where we stamped with the VersaMark. So, the trees show in the background. Alternatively, you could also stamp the trees in VersaMark, sprinkle with clear embossing powder, heat set to emboss and then brayer on the colour. That technique would make the trees appear as though they are in the foreground and is called Emboss Resist.
Thanks again to everyone for coming over to stamp with me last night. I love having all the girls over to create and to have some sweets and as hoped my daughters were asleep before everyone arrived and stayed asleep the whole evening. They've been a bit cranky lately and I was looking forward to a true girl's night and I got it...I needed that! :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

2 comments:

Diana Jiron Graff said...

Beautiful cards! Ia m sorry that I missed out, and I love the little packages for Halloween! what a great idea!

Tracy.H said...

These are great! Love those chapstick holders. I have seen them before and have always wanted to try them...one day ;0)