Monday, September 24, 2007

Weekend of Fun

I had a great weekend, I took my girls down to my Mum and Dad's place in the country and we visited a local corn maze for an afternoon of fun on Sunday. They had fun running through the maze looking for checkpoints...while Mum and I proceeded to continue to get lost! lol :) Oh well, it was fun and eventually we found all the checkpoints but one, so not too bad. After we came out the girls had a blast playing on the huge slide and climbing the tire pyramid and stacked hay tower. It was really funny cause as they slide down the big PVC slide, they would scream, "WEEEEEEEEE," then they would get buried in the hay pit at the bottom of the slide. Tonnes of fun!On Saturday, we went to one of the local Frenchy's clothing stores and I got a ton of clothes for the kids and some for me, too. Nice to get some cheap clothes to tie me over while I'm still losing weight. I'm down to a size 10/12 now! Woo Hoo! A far cry from my size 22 that I was in a year ago! :) I feel great and it's so nice to be able to find clothes that actually fit now or a wonderful feeling to try on clothes that are too big! I have to snicker to myself! lol :) Afterwards, we stopped in at the mall and the girls wanted to have a ride on the merry go round while Mum was trying on some clothes, so Mum treated them to a couple of rides. I had to include this pic of them just grinning away while they're on the little carousel horses. Ah, my little cuties! :) I love to see them smile and laugh and carry on. Gotta treasure those moments and remember them when they're having a meltdown later in the day because they don't get their way! lol :)

Who could have known a little carousel horsie ride could be so much fun! :)

Or a simple ride on a swing...look at Natalia just a laughin'... see our maple trees are changing already way at the top right of the pic! My favourite time of the year. It was nice to see some of the trees beautiful colours as we were driving on the highway to my parents place.

Here's the map to the corn maze...sorry about the mess of stamps...the girls wanted to help and stamped all over the map! Wonder where they would ever get that love of stampin' from? lol :)

Alexandria inside the corn maze.

Natalia stompin' down the corn maze path...

Here's a wicked slide that the farm market built using a PVC pipe. Wow, all the kids had so much fun!

Natalia crawling out of the slides hay pit at the bottom.

Weeeeeee....crash.....pile up! lol :)

Natalia at the top of the tire pyramid, overlooking the Village of Port Williams in the background left. The corn maze is to the right.

Well, as you can see I didn't get any stamping done this weekend, but I have a ton of projects on the go this week, so stay tuned...

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

4 comments:

Cindy Vernon said...

How fun! We are actually going to a farm to hopefully do much of the same this weekend! Thanks for visiting my site. I just wanted to let you know that you are offically added to my blogroll and if all goes well your stamps will be mailed today!

Tracy.H said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! That slide looks awesome!! :0)

L8ybug2 said...

Looks like someone had too much fun over the weekend. Ahhh, to be a kid again. Thanks for sharing.
Rita

Diana Jiron Graff said...

oh wow, you are right Diego would love that mace! how far is it from Dartmouth? we are all still sick here but a few weekends from now...
your girls looked like they had a blast!