Monday, September 17, 2007

She finally did it!

My youngest daughter's hair has been getting so long and we talked about her donating it for a while now like her sister did last year to Wigs for Kids. It's a wonderful organization that makes wigs for children affected by Cancer that lose their hair from the Chemo treatments. Last year, our oldest daughter, Alexandria donated 17 inches of her hair at 4 years and 10 months old. Today, Natalia donated 12 inches at 3 years 10 months old. Yes, my girls have tonnes of hair! lol :) What a wonderful feeling to know that their hair will be given a new life an make another little girl or boy so happy.

Here's some pics of the haircut this morning. :)

This is the pre-haircut pic
Those long, beautiful curls are gonna be gone in a few minutes!

No turning back now...

We have a separated ponytail...

Tallie checking out her ponytail!

Tallie checking out her new haircut...

Proud of her new haircut! She's thrilled that she can brush her own hair now! :)

Thanks for stoppin' by and sharing in our fun! :)

6 comments:

Shannon Tompkins said...

She is such a cutie. Love the new haircut. You are doing a great thing by instilling the giving in your girls at such a young age. Your a fabulous Mom!

Anonymous said...

She's adorable! How fun for her to give something of herself, knowing that someone else can use it!

Anonymous said...

Julie, the haircut is so adorable...she was already such a cutie pie, but I love the haircut! And she should be proud of herself for giving such an amazing gift.

Tracy.H said...

How exciting!! She is just too cute!! :0)

stampingmommy said...

She is darling! As a mom of a child with a non curable illness that is a cousin of cancer - she was on chemo for 2 years. She has relapsed once. She is now undergoing testing to see if she has new tumors - anyway - I am deeply touched by you and your daughter. It is one thing when adults donate their hair but to see a child do it - I am just in tears!You should be so proud - I am

Thank you

K said...

That is a wonderful thing for your daughter to do. :o) I did that a few years ago and was so glad I did! The organization I sent it to send me a certificate and thanked me for my donation.