Sunday, September 16, 2007

Red and White Doodles


I got a chance to play tonight and thought I would go with just a red and white theme. I used a new flower stamp from a Studio G stamp set that my friend, Catherine Levy gave me a couple of days ago...I told you I was spoiled with wonderful friends! :) Thanks again so much, Catherine!
I saw a card a while back that Paula Goff did of Paula Ponders, and I really liked the layout and the colours, so I decided to make a take on her card. I can't find the the card that I remember in red and white, but here's another one using Purely Pomegrante that she did. Paula does absolutely beautiful work, if you're not familiar with her work, check it out! She does lots of great tutorials, as well. Tonnes of inspiration! :)

Stamps: Doodle This (SU), Live Love Laugh - flower (Studio G)
Tools: Creative Memories 1 1/4" circle punch, White gel pen, Red gel pen
Embellishments: Red and White polka dot ribbon (Dollarama)
Cardstock: Red (Bazzill), White (The Paper Company)
Ink: Real Red (SU)

Well, I hope everyone had a great weekend. Hard to believe it's over already. I'm heading to bed now with red ink-stained fingers...that should get the other Moms asking questions at school in the morning! lol :) We have the Terry Fox Run/Walk to do tomorrow afternoon. I volunteered to go if my younger daughter could come, as well. They said it was fine, so we'll all be going. Fingers crossed that it goes well... :) Gotta go get some rest now.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

3 comments:

Corie said...

Cutie pie card -- love the red and white.

Selena said...

Beautiful card!

Stamping Moments said...

Hi Lovely card. found you on cindys blog, I am doing Blog Candy celebrating 5000 hits, pop over and enter www.stampingmoments.blogspot.com jenny x