Saturday, May 17, 2008

Altered Clock and Jar Candle Lid

I had a really nice time last night with having a few of the girls (Kim, Louise and Catherine) come over last night to stamp with me. I got a bit frustrated as I ruined the first clock that I made, I used Chocolate Chip ink to do the numbers and they just didn't show up well enough, so today I re-did the whole clock face, this time using VersaMark and White Opaque Embossing powder. Now, I think the numbers really pop. I'm quite happy with how it turned out this time. I hope Brenda and Tim like it in their new home together. :)

I also finished the lid to the jar candle last night that I made for them earlier. I borrowed this stamp from Kim and used her Nestabilities to do the scalloped circle layer and the embossed circle. Wow, the Nestabilities are so cool...I really need to get some! ...Perhaps the Birthday Fairy will buy me some next month for my 34th Birthday! :) The Boho Blossoms set from MFT is on my wish list for the near future, as well. It's such an elegant set, I just love it and I think it looks really nice with the 'Tiara paper' on the jar.Well, I only have a couple of hours before I need to go to work and tonnes of stuff to do around the house. I'll be back tomorrow with another creation.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: Boho Blossoms (My Favorite Things), Clear Stamps - Scribbles Number 2 by Rhonna Farrer (Autumn Leaves)
Patterned Paper: Bohemia - Backyard "Adventure" Dragonfly/Brown (My Mind's Eye)
Cardstock: Flat White (CRS), Soft Gray (The Paper Company)
Tools: Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Scissors, Terrifically Tacky Tape (ProvoCraft), Silent Setter (for hole punch in centre of clock for clockworks to come up through), White Opaque Embossing Powder (Stampendous), Embossing Buddy (SU), Embossing Tray, VersaMark, Paint Brush, Heat Tool

6 comments:

maiahs_momma said...

Love the clock Julie, it is stunning and very beautiful :)! They are going to love all three items that you made for them :)!

Hugs,
catherine

Tracy.H said...

Wow! Julie, the clock is beautiful! How did you do the background? I might have to get one of those kits and make me one for my stamproom! :0)

Kim said...

Julie, everything turned out so beautifully! Your friends are going to love it all!

Thank you so much for having me over, it was so nice to get out and have a visit! Your ice cream cake was AWESOME, and thank you again for the beautiful card!!!

Can't wait to get together again soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Luvin' this clock! Awesome job! Thanx for sharing!
Hugs,
Val

Anonymous said...

Thozyoppons, clomid online gloseddeskjal, [url=http://www.webjam.com/clomidonline]buy clomid[/url] dremegomNeemy
23

Anonymous said...

tramadol 100 mg what are the best sites to buy tramadol online - tramadol withdrawal nausea