Friday, May 23, 2008

Watercoloured Vellum Flowers


I can't tell you how much I love this flower image from the Embrace Life set from SU. I love to stamp the image onto vellum and watercolour the bottom side and watch as the colour dries and the petals curl up and give the flower such a neat effect. You can get such an elegant look to use on your project. This vellum cardstock from SU is fabulous! I've worked with several brands of vellum and none of them compare with this cardstock weight. It's great to work with and doesn't crack so easily like some of the other stuff does.

I got the inspiration for this card from my friend, Kim. I saw this card on her blog and I knew a variation on it would be perfect for a card for my Sister-in-Law. Sadly, her Mom just passed away and I wanted to send her a special sympathy card to let her know she's in our thoughts.

Well, I think I'll call it a day. I'm gonna try to sneak into my crafty space tomorrow before I go to work...I've still got a few cards on my 'to-do list' to make before the weekend is over, so stay tuned. :) Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies: Stamps: 'flower' - Embrace Life (SU), 'thinking of you' - Clear Stamps (Studio G - Michaels)
WaterColour Crayons: Regal Rose (SU)
Ink: Purely Pomegranate (SU)
Cardstock: White Vellum Cardstock (SU), White Linen (CRS), Purely Pomegranate (SU)

Tools: Cuttlebug, Textile Texture Embossing Folder, 1/8" Dimensional Squares, White Opaque Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Embossing Tray, Paint Brush, Heat Tool

Embellishments: Light Pink Sheer Polka Dot Ribbon (Michaels), Light Pink Brads (Making Memories)

4 comments:

Ila said...

Wow!! Julie this is Beautiful!! That flower image is Gorgeous and your watercoloring is Wonderful!!

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful, Julie!! :0)

dasimonds said...

Wow..Nice technique..
Beautiful Card!!

Deborah March said...

Really lovely Julie, so soft and gentle.