Monday, May 5, 2008

Bridal Shower Best Wishes


A childhood friend of mine is having her Bridal Shower in a couple of weeks and I wanted to get her card done early. I think I'm happy with this card, but it seems to be missing something... although I can't figure out what? I guess I could have coloured in the cake and church but I only used pigment ink and if I try to watercolour them now, the ink will run. Plus, the fact that I kinda wanted to leave the images basic. I dunno,I guess I just wanted this to be a special card since I've known her since I was 2 years old. We'll see...I may just end up doing another completely different card. lol :)

The colours are a bit off in my photo...the card base and the layer beneath the church is a wine colour and the Cuttlebug'd piece in an Avocado colour.

OK, I'm more than open to suggestions...any ideas?

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Cardstock: Wine, Orange, Sand and Mustard (Bazzill), White Flat and Avocado Flat (CRS), Light Pink (The Paper Company)
Ink: Basic Black (SU)
Patterned Paper: 'Sugared' 6" x 6" Paper Stack (Basic Grey)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spots and Dots Embossing Folder, 1/8" Dimensional Squares, Paper Piercer and Piercing Mat, Spacing Guide for Piercing
Embellishments: White and Avocado Grosgrain Ribbon (Michaels)

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Liked the card layout.Lots happening but it all works together. Only suggestion is embossing the cake and church in gold..it would go with the mustard colored cardstock.
Enjoy seeing your posts.
Yvonne

Susan said...

Your card is so special looking, one of the nicest bridal cards I've seen [h.m.]Where are your sets from? I'd be proud to give this & receive it, too.