Thursday, May 29, 2008

Gone Fishin'


This card is the 3rd project that we made at our SU party on Monday night, however, the plan was to use the golf themed set from SU, with the large layer having the golf club and a ball image stamped on the bottom half circle. Happy Father's Day stamped in the top left corner and little do-jiggers stamped in the long, narrow layer. Well, I don't know anyone who golfs, but I really liked the layout of the card, so I thought I would change up the stamps to be something I could give to my Father-in-Law for Father's Day. He lives right on the Miramichi River in New Brunswick which is famous for it's Salmon. He loves to fish, so I think this will be prefect for him.

I wish the fish image had been in the other direction, but oh well, we can't have everything can we? lol :) I got the fish stamp at Michaels, it's one of their 'Canadian' themed ones for $1.50 - can't really go wrong there. I used my clear alphabet stamps from Doodlebug Designs to spell the Gone Fishin', but I free-handed the fish hook with a pencil and coloured over it with a black gel pen. I stamped 'Happy Father's Day' on the inside of the card. I think he'll like it.

Well, I'm taking a few days off work...unfortunately it's not going to be a vacation...I have the stomach flu quite bad and I'm exhausted. Them, this morning I woke up with a cold and I can barely speak. Just wonderful! Anyway, I should be able to get in some crafty time during my time at home. Sitting is ok, I just don't have the energy to clean or mop the floors that are in need of being done! Oh well, too bad, they'll just have to wait!

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

No comments: