Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fun with Swiss Dots


I had a lot of fun playing this morning with my new Swiss Dots folder. Thanks to Kim for picking it up for me! I waited too long to go get it after I knew they were finally at one of our local stores and when I got there, there weren't any left! So, Kim to the rescue...she actually had doubles of the Swiss Dots and the Paisley, so I bought both off her. :) I think this card turned out to be a fun looking card, I think it'll be appropriate for a birthday or perhaps the arrival of a new baby girl. I just learned today that a friend in our playgroup just had a new little baby boy...yeah, gotta love new little babies. Now, we just need a new little girl in the group for me to give this card to! lol :)

Well, Jim's bringing a friend home for supper tonight for a 'Thai' themed night...so I should actually be making the dinner instead of making cards and blogging...even though it's a lot more fun! Anyway, I had better get the show on the road, somehow I don't think they want leftovers instead of my Thai dinner! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: 'joy' - Boho Blossoms (My Favorite Things), Butterfly - Natural Beauty (SU)
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise (SU), Groovy Guava (SU), White Linen (Bazzill)
Ink: Basic Black (SU), Tempting Turquoise (SU), Cameo Coral (SU),
Black (StazOn)
Tools: 1 1/4" and 1" Circle Punches (Creative Memories), Aqua Painter (SU), Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Paper Piercer, Piercing Mat, Piercing Guide
Embellishments:
Tempting Turquoise 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (SU), White 1/2" Grosgrain Ribbon (Michaels), Antique Brass Frame and Brads- Hodge Podge Hardware (SU)

5 comments:

Chriserendipity said...

Julie, I love what you did with the circle punches and slot punch to put the ribbon through! It's a great design detail. Beautiful card...I wish I wouldn't have sold my Natural Beauty set....sometimes we are "hasty", aren't we?

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with the swiss dot folder.I love the whole card.

Joan

Kim said...

Beautiful card Julie! And I just love your colour combination!!!

StampinCathy said...

Great layout and just love the color combo. You are just so creative and inspiring.

Tracy.H said...

Love this!! I am so jealous...I still don't have this folder. I think I will have to order it online. It is impossible to find! :0)