Monday, May 19, 2008

Friendship is Joy


I saw this card a while back on the blog, Heartfelt Greetings by Amy Westerman and I knew right away that I wanted to CASE it with a few slight changes. Amy does absolutely beautiful work and she has so many creative ideas. I swear she can work with any patterned papers together and not only make them work, but make it look like they were always meant to be together! I seriously don't know how she does it! Definitely a skill I wish I had! lol :)

I really like these colours together and I had fun playing with the Boho Blossoms flower to create the background for this card. I masked off a portion of the flower and only used one petal to make each section of the background. I'm lovin' this MFT set, I'm not gonna want to give this set back to Kim...I think I better order my own set right away and perhaps it'll be here before I go to see her next week! lol :)

Well, lots to do tomorrow, gotta go get some rest.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: Boho Blossoms (My Favorite Things), Butterfly (Magenta)
Cardstock: China Red Linen (Bazzill), Charcoal Flat (CRS), White Flat (CRS), Tempting Turquoise (SU)
Ink: Basic Black (SU), Tempting Turquoise (SU), Black (StazOn)
Tools: 1/8" Dimensional Squares (EK Success),
1 1/4" and 1 1/2" Circle Punches (Creative Memories), Aqua Painter (SU)
Embellishments: Self-Adhesive Clear Rhinestone Gems (Finishing Accents - Darice)

4 comments:

Ila said...

This card is Gorgeous Julie!! love the way you used this set!

Tracy.H said...

This is beautiful, Julie! :0)

Kim said...

Wow, this turned out beautiful! I would have never thought to use the blossom like you did,...you are always so creative!!

dasimonds said...

Beautiful Card!
I love the colors..circles
and pretty butterfly.
Nice design!