Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Elephant Birthday Wishes


This is a fun card that I made for my friend's little guy, Diego, who just had his 4th birthday. I'm always at a loss as for what to do for a boyish style card, I kinda like to 'girly' my cards up and somehow I don't think the boys would appreciate them! lol :) Anyway, other than the flower eyelet for the eye, I don't think this looks too girly. I hope not anyway! I CASE'd this card from my friend, Val. She's got lots of great cards in her gallery, you'll have to check them out, she's one talented little lady! :) This is the super cute girly card that I CASE'd from her, but I had to alter it a bit for a boy. Diego is big into Monster trucks, but I couldn't think up an idea for a truck card and I saw the one that Val did and I thought it was cute and would do the job instead. I hope he likes it even though it's not a truck! :) This card folds open at the top of his blanket on his back.

Well, it's after midnight and the morning is gonna come early. So, I'm gonna call it a day, although I probably won't be able to get to sleep anytime soon...I've received so many great ideas from my blog candy question about possible things to alter, and now my brain is working in overdrive thinking of ideas about altering those things! Why can't we as women just turn our brains off at night, why must we stay up all hours of the night thinking about things? lol :) Anyway, I'm rambling again..

Thanks for stoppin' by!



Supplies:
Cardstock: Soft Gray (Bazzill)
Patterned Paper: Blue Raspberry Stripes - Fresh Print (Déjà Views)
Tools: White Gel Pen (Signo - SU), thumb tack, Silent Setter, Scissors, Foam Letters (Wal-Mart)
Embellishments: Lime Green Flower Eyelet, Plum Jumbo Brad (Dollarama), Silver Cord String

4 comments:

Kim said...

ahhh...this is adorable Julie!! Wonderful card!

Shannon Tompkins said...

That is an adorable card. TFS.... You've been a really busy stamper lately.

StampinCathy said...

This is just adorable!

Tracy.H said...

This is adorable, Julie!! I am sure that he loved it! :0)