Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Projects from our SU Night

I have lots of things to show you in the the next couple of posts. First, I'll show you the projects we did at our SU get-together on Monday night at Kim's place. Louise was hostess for us and kept us all laughing with a bit of hysterics...perhaps the most silly I've ever seen us all...what was in that coffee, Louise? lol :) Louise also made a couple of Strawberry and Orange Jello Cheesecake pies for dessert....very yummy! We're all waiting for the recipe! Thanks again so much to Yvonne for bringing us some great projects to do for another fun night out! Sorry if we got out of hand again... lol :)

Our first project of the night was a cute little chocolate truffle pouch. A super cute idea as a wedding favor or simply a special little thank you to give to someone. Who doesn't like chocolate and who could resist when they're done up this cute! :)

This is a pic of the little Chocolate Truffle Pouch that we made using a small rectangle of cs, two punched scalloped circles of patterned paper, some double sided tape, and two more rectangles of patterned paper for the chocolate wrappers. We added the eyelets using Yvonne's Crop-o-dile and I had my first 'WOW' moment...my first experience with a Crop-o-dile. Perhaps the birthday fairy will bring me one of those in a couple of weeks, too! lol Then we finished it off with some pretty white sheer ribbon. Super cute!

Here's looking down at it to give you a better view of the laced closure.
This is what the little pouch looks like with the chocolates removed. You attach the scalloped circles on the bottom of the rectangular piece of cs, measuring to have exactly 6 scallops on the bottom side for each scallop.
This was our next project and I liked this one so much I ordered the stamp set that we used for the flower, 'One of a Kind.' I love the way we used dimensional squares to create the flower. Lots of cutting, but worth it in the end for the final effect. It's a flap card where the flap closure goes in back of the stamped flower layer. I really like the 'Stitched' background stamp that was used for this card, too. When I saw it in the catty, I kinda though, yeah, there's nothing special about that, but after using it, I really like it. I didn't order it, but maybe down the road...it's only on the wish list for now.
Here's an angle shot to show you all the dimensions .
This is just the card opened to show you what it looks like from another angle.
This is the beautiful card that Val made for our Card Challenge. I drew Val's name so I got to keep her card, that she actually CASE'd from me so that was kinda funny. Our challenge was to CASE a card from someone else in our group and you could CASE the card in entirety or change a few things on it. I really love the softness about her card and I'm sure you all know that I love butterflies and dragonflies so I was thrilled to get her card. Check out her cool bow, too. I'm gonna have to try to figure it out, she said it's done like you tie a man's tie...now if only I knew how to tie a tie! lol :) Thanks so much, Val! It's a keeper, for sure! :)

This is the card of mine that she CASE'd.
Ok, that was a long post...didn't foresee it being that long...I have some more cards to show you, but I'll create another post for those! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

1 comment:

Shannon Tompkins said...

Great stuff.

Would you mind emailing me the dimensions for the nuggets. I'm going to make those at my next stamp club. The girls will love them.