Friday, May 23, 2008

Blog Candy Winner and Some Ideas

Drumroll, please...........and the winner via Random.org is:

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

29

Timestamp: 2008-05-23 12:11:42 UTC

That's Nancy Freckelton!

Nancy Freckelton said...

Dear Julie love your swiss dot card. I just joined the Cuttlebug club and saw your name.
Hope to be exchanging cards with you soon.

Congrats, Nancy, I'll get your goodies out to you in the mail later today! :) Thanks to everyone for playing along in my little giveaway and for all the great ideas for altering things, I hope you all stop by again soon! :) Some of the suggestions were to do picture frames, clipboards, clocks, coasters, journals, tin cans, accordion books. I've done all of of these and they're actually some of my favourite things to alter. I've updated my slideshows on my sidebar and there are pics of all the altered things I've made, I've you'd like to take a peek.

Somes other ideas that I was given but haven't tried yet...

Picnic table - sounds like a neat idea, but I don't have a picnic table and to be honest I think the scale is too big even for me! lol :)
Planter box - Sounds like fun, humm, I'm thinkin'...
Tray for carrying drinks outside- I made one for my Mum, might have to make another one for me, but get brave and use Envirotex this time! lol :)
Metal - I don't think I've ever worked with metal, no wait a sec, I have altered metal tins and containers...I'll have to think about that one...
Using chipboard more often - I have a ton of it here, and don't seem to use it very often at all. I'll work on that Shannon! lol :)
Altoid tin - I've never worked with these, although I saw a super cute idea recently that I'd like to case...stay tuned!
Baby food jars/Juicy Fruit Gum Containers - Haven't done these before, I looked at one of the gum containers a while ago before throwing it into the recycle bin. I think the curves angles of the container intimidated me. I think I just prefer clean angles that I do have to fuss over.
Table decorations for Memorial Day/Canada Day - I'm not big on ideas for centerpieces, but I'll have to think about it!
Tea containers and kitchen canisters - Both these ideas have plagued for for a while, I'd love to alter Jim's ugly tea container, but I don't like the idea that I can't wash them afterwards, that's what stops me...so I guess for now I'll have to leave that one unless anyone can give me some ideas on sealing it to be waterproof.
Kleenex boxes - I usually only use the Breast Cancer themed boxes, and I've looked at them regarding altering them into somethings, so always seem to come up at a loss. The little books incorporating them sound like a great idea, though.
and last but not least,
Ribbon boxes - I spied one these at Michaels yesterday and I think I might just have to go back today and get a couple...I'm thinking they have 'altered item in waiting' just screamin' out from them! lol :)

Well, it's raining here today so I think it'll be a good day to stay inside for the most part. I have several cards that I need to make, lots going on right now. I'll be posting something later today.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

No comments: