Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Bees

This is the card that I decided to CASE for the card challenge for tonight with our group of friends. The challenge was to look at the blogs or online galleries of all the girls in our group and choose one card to CASE and to be swapped out among us. We could CASE the whole card in entirety or we could change a few things in the card, maintaining the same basic sketch, just change some of the colours or embellishments, etc.

This is the card that I was CASing by Kim. I changed up the stamps used, I think she actually used some patterned paper for the background, but I made my own using different stamps. I also chose not to use ribbon and I used a bit of bling as an embellishment in it's place. I think it turned out to be a 'Happy' card for sure with nice bright colours.

I'll post the cards tomorrow of what we make at our SU night.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)


Supplies:
Stamps: Bees (Hero Arts - I think), Clear Design - 'Designer Butterflies' & 'Messages' (Hero Arts), Serendipity (CTMH)

Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate (SU), Flat White (CRS) Ink: Purely Pomegranate (SU), Gable Green (SU)
Tools: Slit Punch (SU)
, Scalloped Circle Punch (Marvy)
Embellishments:
Self-Adhesive Clear & Green Rhinestone Gems (Finishing Accents - Darice)

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

Very cute, Julie! Can't wait to see what you all made. :0)